Summary of Joint Notice of Privacy Practices
Our Legal Duty
Who Will Follow This Notice
- Huntsville Hospital
- Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children
- Madison Hospital
- Athens-Limestone Hospital
- Helen Keller Hospital
- Red Bay Hospital
- Marshall Medical Centers
- Decatur Morgan Hospital
- Highlands Medical Center
Lincoln Health System
- Continuum RX
- Huntsville Hospital HME
- HH Health System – Caring for Life, Hospice Family Care
- Huntsville Hospital HomeCare
- HealthGroup of Alabama
- The physician members of the hospitals’ medical staff and credentialed, non-physician health care professionals who may provide care in the hospital and one of the other patient care settings
- All departments, units, and health care clinics of the hospitals and other affiliated covered entities wholly owned by the hospitals
- Any volunteers who perform volunteer work in the hospital, clinic, doctor’s office, or other affiliated entity
- All employees, staff, and other personnel at the hospitals, clinics, physicians’ offices, or other affiliated entities
How We May Use And Disclose Health Information
- Treatment, payment, and health care operations
- Activities of managed care networks in which we participate
- Activities of our affiliates
- Appointment reminders
- Health oversight activities
- Fundraising activities (unless you opt out)
- Public health purposes
- Organ donation
- To avert a serious threat to health or safety
- National security and protective services
- To coroners, medical examiners, and funeral directors
- Research directors
- Workers’ compensation
- To military command authorities
- Lawsuits, administrative hearings, and reviews, and disputes
- As required by law
- Law enforcement purposes
- Hospital directories
- Individuals involved in your care or payment
Your Privacy Rights
- The right to request confidential communications and alternative means of communication with you.
- The right to request restrictions on certain uses of your health information (including restriction of your information to your insurance company when you have paid in full).
- The right to inspect and copy certain medical information that we maintain.
- The right to request an amendment of your health information.
- The right to an accounting of certain disclosures of your health information.
- The right to receive notice of a breach of your unsecured health information.
If you believe your rights have been violated, you may file a written complaint with the Health System, please contact the Privacy Officer at 931-438-7369.
To file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights, contact:
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
61 Forsyth St. SW
Atlanta, GA 30323
Copy Of Our Complete Notice
Copies of our full Joint Notice of Privacy Practices are available within our facilities at primary registration sites and on our website at huntsvillehospital.org. We will be happy to provide you with a copy upon your request. If you have any questions about this Summary Notice, please contact the Privacy Officer at 931-438-7369.